Rivertrace recognises its duty under Section 2(3) of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 to fulfil its obligations to its employees and members of the public who may be affected by its work activities by preparing and reviewing a Health and Safety Policy.
We aim to achieve a working environment which is free of work-related accidents and ill-health. We undertake to fulfil our statutory duties and will:
- establish and implement a Health and Safety Management system to manage the risks associated with its workplaces and activities.
- allocate duties for the responsibilities of health and safety and make sure these are understood, fulfilled and monitored.
- appoint a competent person or independent Health and Safety Advisor to advise and support us and make sure we are aware of changes in legislation and good practice relevant to our business.
- carry out risk assessments to assess the risks related to the hazards in our workplaces and take action to reduce these risks, to prevent accidents and protect employees and others. These risk assessments will be reviewed regularly or when anything changes in the workplace.
- consult with employees on health and safety and involve them in discussions about the risks and hazards connected to their duties.
- provide clear information, instructions and training to make sure all employees are competent to carry out their duties.
- make sure that emergency procedures are in place for evacuation in case of fire or other incident, and that employees and visitors are informed of these.
- maintain safe and healthy working conditions, provide and maintain plant, equipment and machinery, and ensure safe use and storage of hazardous substances.
- provide suitable first aid facilities to afford help to any employee, visitor or member of the public who may have an accident or be taken ill at work or as a result of our activities.
- provide sufficient funds and resources to meet the requirements of current health and safety legislation.
It is the duty of each employee to take reasonable care of their own and other people’s welfare and report any situation which may pose a threat to the well-being of any other persons.
This Policy will be continually monitored and updated, particularly when changes in the scale and nature of our operations occur. The Policy will be updated at least every 12 months. The specific arrangements for the implementation of the Policy and the personnel responsible are detailed in this policy document.
Health and Safety Policy 2020