Rivertrace recognise that concern for the environment should be an integral and fundamental part of the business.
We are aware of the impact of our day-to-day operations on the environment and our objective is to balance the need to achieve our business aims with an effort towards sustainable environmental improvement, which can be measured and monitored on an ongoing basis.
Our management has a specific responsibility for policy development, co-ordination and evaluation of performance. The environmental policy will be maintained and upheld by management to meet the commitment. Environmental aspects of our processes and activities will be effectively managed in order to protect the health and safety of our employees, customers and the public whilst contributing to the future well-being of the environment.
We will undertake to provide the necessary training and support to all employees to ensure that they understand and are able to fulfil the relevant aspects of the policy in their day to day work. The policy shall be publicly available. We are committed to minimising the impact of our operations on the environment by means of a programme of continuous improvement and in particular will:
- set clear objectives and targets with the aim of ensuring continual improvement of the company’s environmental performance and management.
- conduct our operations to ensure compliance with all relevant environmental legislation.
- show a continual commitment to the prevention of pollution through the use of operational controls, training and risk assessment.
- make efficient use of resources, reuse rather than dispose where possible and promote the use of recycled materials.
- continually aim to minimise energy consumption through effective energy management.
- reduce wherever practicable the level of uncontrolled atmospheric emissions.
- manage and control effluent discharges arising from our operations.
Appropriate resources will continually be made available to ensure that the environmental policy is implemented in full through managerial vigilance and regular review.