The SMARTSAFE ORB Bilge Overboard Security System was developed to prevent the vessel from illegal discharge “Magic Pipes” and minimise discrepancies in the oil record book.
In its simplest form the SMARTSAFE ORB will utilise the ships GPS and records each ‘event’ of the bilge water discharge process. The control module will store these events for a period of three years exceeding MEPC requirements.
It is a complete interlocked system ensuring security of your discharges. This includes tamper proof electronic flow meters and secondary diverter valve with position feedback installed after the standard IMO diverter valve. The secondary diverter valve is controlled solely by the SMARTSAFE ORB and will immediately be closed should a malfunction or malicious act be detected.
Rivertrace’s SMARTSAFE ORB can provide electronic recording of the discharges. When connected to the ship’s LAN system the monitor will send automated emails at set intervals. The data is then interpreted and recorded in the Rivertrace Connected database and shown on the user-friendly dashboard interface. All data including the email report can be accessed through the dashboard providing the user with a full auditable trail of the discharges. The discharge data can also be used as an automated entry into your electronic ORB.
The SMARTSAFE ε-ORB has been developed under a newly formed joint venture SENSƐAS, in which Rivertrace are working exclusively with maritime technology and marine risk prevention firm, Prevention at Sea Ltd to develop sensor technology with maritime software to provide the industry with a smarter, simpler way to improve processes and recording data.
- Peace of mind knowing your vessel maintains accurate information
- Data security —reduce risk of lawsuits and criminal charges
- Mitigate against detentions and port delays
- Increased Security against Magic Pipes
- Reduce administrative burden on crew and overtime costs
- Bilge Water Discharge Security
- Integration with Electronic Oil Record Books
- Protection Against Magic Pipe
- Provides early indication of faults
- Our standard system is a modular solution which allows the equipment to be positioned throughout the vessel.
- Alternatively, the SMARTSAFE ORB can be provided in an enclosure with security tags to allow for simpler installation.
- We can also offer an optional GPS signal and interface unit to be included
- Through our partnership with Prevention at Sea the discharge data can be integrated and auto populated into an approved Electronic Oil Record Book.
SMARTSAFE ORB – standard modular design
SMARTSAFE ORB – Optional in enclosure design
|Supply voltage:||100 – 240V ac|
|Supply variation:||±10% of Nom. Voltage|
|Supply frequency:||50/60 Hz|
|Consumption:||30 VA Max|
|Control display:||10” Touch Screen|
|Ambient Temp Range||0⁰C to 50⁰C|
|Approval:||ABS Type Approval/Product|
This system may be installed in line with any new and existing IMO MEPC 60(33) and 107(49) approved monitors.
Specifications and system descriptions accurate at time of publishing. These are subject to change.